Part 2 of the Black Bear Band product testing in Japan... Typhoon followed by riding motorcycles to Aso volcano; one of the world's most active volcanoes Oita Perfecture, Japan.
These two amazing weeks started with being a guest of Wokini Studio at the Clutch Collection Show in Tokyo. http://www.ccshowjapan.com
after the show...
*** Typhoon in Oita followed by riding motorcycles to Aso volcano; one of the world's most active volcanoes.
*** Touring Kobe on a 70 yr. old Panhead and visiting the hilltop Japanese castle complex Himeji Castle (姫路城 Himeji-jō).
*** Back to Tokyo for a day with Tokyo's own Mr. Boots Man... Fukurokuju. A day of boots, bikes, and lots of laughs with a new dear friend and a master of boots! Takeshi Okuyama...
More on the above coming soon.
Hail Mary Magazine - October 2018
Full boot collection of our boot collaborations is available for pre order on 8/30!
Wokini Studio has created a special silver claw pendant for Black Bear Brand. This is a piece of art created from the cast of a real bear claw!
Our friend/photographer/cinematographer/documentarist Bradley Wentzle documenting the Mint 400 in Primm Nevada; filming the Spitfire Race Team. These boots are collision of tough raw simplicity with beautiful refinement; a curation of pragmatic utilitarian beauty. Black Bear Brand with Wesco & Horween!
Celebrating 100 Years Of Wesco.
Collision of tough raw simplicity with beautiful refinement.
A love for Americana, the old ways, its strong influence on style.
The new and old colliding in a quest to elevate what we do and love.
...a short 45 mile ride from Seattle is Sultan WA. A year plus ago a piece of Black Bear Brand history was uncovered; a painted advertisement sign from the 1920's.
Sultan WA. Sultan City played an important role in the building of the Burlington Northern Railroad which runs east from Everett adjacent to the Skykomish River. During the railroad construction, Sultan was as a supply station employing (at times) over 800 men. This boom brought many new businesses to the area and in 1905 Sultan incorporated.
“The Specialist” shirt/jacket; produced using shelter tents... salvaged from WWII!
Each jacket has unique reminiscences from the original WWII tent it was produced from... each jacket is 1 of a kind!
Only in Milwaukee; the home of Harley-Davidson is this story possible... the material used in these pieces are very special.
Win one of four hand-painted Gringo helmets commemorating the hero's of WWII and the historic patches they wore into battle! 100% of the proceeds goes to The Semper Fi Fund... win HERE.
We're also donating $10 from each of the BOMBER t-shirt sales during the auction period... get your t... here.
With Biltwell we’re auctioning off these four custom-painted helmets on eBay, starting today Memorial Day and ending June 1. 100% of the proceeds from these auctions will go to the Semper Fi Fund. The Semper Fi Fund provides immediate financial assistance and lifetime support to post 9/11 wounded, critically ill and injured members of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and their families, ensuring that they have the resources they need during their recovery and transition back to their communities.
Join us at FUEL Cafe in Milwaukee on Memorial Day afternoon… from 1-6 for the unveiling of the 4 WWII Bomber Squadron “patch art” hand painted helmets that will be auctioned for Semper Fi Fund. The man behind the ART; Craig Kalbas will be presenting these killer works of art. Thank you Craig... you are beyond amazing.
- check out the helmets!
- shoot the shit with the artist!
- enter the WWII Bomber ART t raffle / give-away
- cheers a beer in memory to those who fought and died for us to do what we do!
The hand painted helmet auction begins… go to for details: https://blackbearunion.com/blog
- Auction starts Memorial Day! (auction goes for 5 days)
- During the auction Black Bear Brand will donate $10 from each WWII Bomber t sale: https://blackbearunion.com/black-bear-brand-factory-store
- Now… WWII Bomber ART t’s.
- Memorial Day… WWII Bomber ART hand painted helmet auction for Semper Fi Fund.
- June 1… Knife & Hatchet with handles produced from salvaged Harley-Davidson parts bins.
- June 14… One of a kind shirt/jackets produced from WWII shelter tents.
- June 21… Collaboration denim pant and denim vest with W.H. Ranch.
- July 12… Collaboration collection with Wesco Boots (Horween horsehide, Wokini silver buckles, and more!).
- July 12… Collaboration silver bear claw pendant & silver feather pendant with Wokini Studio.
- limited edition t shirt collection.
- hand painted Biltwell helmet auction for Semper Fi Fund (on Memorial Day) - the artwork... paintings, helmets, prints (release Memorial Day)
Leathertogs was a pioneer brand of the pre-WAR era, and made coats for Harley-Davidson dealers in the 1910s and ‘20s. All Leathertogs jackets were made of highest quality tanned horsehide. Lethertogs is among the best pre-war jackets. LEATHERTOGS... leads again.
- hand painted Biltwell helmet auction for Semper Fi Fund. (on Memorial Day)... more details to come. BOOM!
A HARLEY-DAVIDSON IS MUCH MORE THAN A MACHINE
Celebrating the WWII Pilot Patch Art
Coming in April - the celebration of WWII Pilot Patch Art in our BOMBER ART project.
- Paintings, art exhibition, prints
- Limited edition made in the USA Black Bear Brand shirts
- Hand painted helmets auctioned with proceeds going to Veterans foundation
more details coming soon...
High quality - USA - Rugged...
the Black Bear Brand x Wesco x Horween Leather Co. collaboration collection
Black Bear Brand and Wesco form a perfect pair. This collaboration celebrates an enduring legacy. Wesco has been producing high-quality, hand-crafted leather boots for 100 years. Their facility is a testament to the company’s original methods. These boots are a tough, yet refined product of a man’s labor. The quality of product is unsurpassed. A hard-working spirit is alive here. The love of manufacturing has endured the test of time, and the craft of making has proven its resilience.
Black Bear Brand is a revival of tough and traditional craftsmanship. We’ve pursued this engagement with Wesco because the men and women who work there personify excellence.
• Horween USA Leather
• All of these are Made 100% in the USA
• HAND MADE to order, not mass produced
• 100 years of experience into these boots
• ALL High Quality materials; Full leather, no cloth, no cork, no fake stitching, every method of our crafting serves a purpose
• No shortcuts taken in the manufacturing process, every skive, every stitch, every nail is done with passion and pride
• Can have new soles put on them, or be completely be rebuilt depending on how worn they are
• They get better looking with every wear
photos: Chad Lyons / Tim O'Keefe / Bradley Wentzel... (thank you so much for your contribution in what we're creating)
Sarah Grace - West Sussex England
a Motorcycle Artist... a perfectionist that's detail obsessive.
Sarah Grace - The Darkest Line (photos by: Lucy Scovell)